Friday, February 22, 2013

D3 Sketch Competition Board 1

BTW - WAS CONTACTED THAT AT LEAST ONE OF THESE (MAYBE MORE) WAS SELECTED AND DISPLAYED OUT OF OVER 1,500 ENTRIES!! 

I recently submitted 5 boards to a call for art/competition with the theme of sketchings role in the world today. Or at least that is the part I latched onto.  I broke the way I use sketching into 5 distinct roles.  This first board is about how I sketch when I travel to remember, record, or just sit there and try to listen to what the architect is trying to say.  I am active in the Urban Sketchers community lately but these sketches range from 1999 on the top left to 2013.  I will post the others seperatley but they cover. Sketching for work. Sketching on the Ipad (new medium), Sketching through a design process, and using 3d modeling to design with and tell multiple stories (aesthetic and techincal).

I hope you enjoy. It was fun to categorize these and think about how we use sketches today.

3.1.2013 - I decided to place all of this into one post


2 comments:

  1. Your sketches are so dynamic! It inspires me to pick-up a pencil again. Drawing is awesomely rewarding and good for the mind and soul. Keep the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete