Thursday, March 27, 2014

Nuttdraws Gets a New Home! The Solar Arts Building! (Above the Indeed Brewery in NE Minneapolis)

WE HAVE A SPACE IN THE NE ARTS COMMUNITY! STUDIO #207 IN THE SOLAR ARTS BUILDING WILL BE THE NEW HOME OF NUTTDRAWS AND C+N STUDIO ON MAY 1ST 2014!

Our new home away from home - http://solarartsbuilding.com

I am so excited.  For the past 8 years I have had a dream of being a part of the NE Arts community and especially Art-A-Whirl (http://nemaa.org/art-a-whirl). I would go every year and it would be painful because I thought, " I could do this, but I am not."  Last year it was more enjoyable because I was producing and I thought, "how great would it be a part of this scene and have a space."

Almost a year ago at my St Paul Almanac showing a few friends started talking about getting a space together. Stephanie started looking and over time found the Solar Arts building.  Marcy got on board and quickly this whole dream became real. We lost our first space to a group of poets.  (You don't get to say that everyday) but another space opened up and we jumped on it!

So, believe it or not, we now have a space AND will be in Art a Whirl.  And in true James and Marcy Fashion the show is 2 weeks after we get the space! We have a lot of work to do.

Marcy and I will share a space together.  Our small upstairs in our house will be almost empty because it still has the C+N furniture plus my 4'x5' motorized drawing desk and all that goes with my art. So we also get another room in our house!  

Our studio mates are the talented Stephanie Dunn  (http://www.stephaniedunndesign.com) and Holly Scholl  (http://www.hollyschollphotography.com/) in the other spaces. We are in negotiations with a 5th person to make it affordable. We also plan to make the space available to rent as a temporary photo studio.

The building has open house nights on First Thursdays and features the artist on the site (http://solarartsbuilding.com/the-artists/).  

My hope is to have a place to create art, meet other artist, and hopefully sell and take commissions. I am really looking forward to meeting the community.  

Being above a taproom doesn't hurt either.....

I also hear chocolate and sandwiches are on their way too!



The building!


The "not yet ours" space.


Our front door! (We will work on that)

 I am excited enough it has been hard to sleep!  Visit if you can!

James Nutt, AIA
www.nuttdraws@hotmail.com




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your added touch and great talent added. Congratulations and Many Blessings!! Gary, Sarah & family

    ReplyDelete