Saturday, August 15, 2015

Balcony Painting in Mittenwald!

This This Painting in Mittenwald - Die Zirbelnuss

This was my window balcony view for a few days at a wonderful air b&b. I spent a lot of time painting out here trying different techniques of the same view. 

This is evening using a warm triad color mix. I was working in a wet on wet style that I am trying to get better at. I learned a lot here and am excited to try a larger format with some of the photos I took. This is 8.5 x 11 on toned paper (I have never water colored on toned paper and this Magnani Annigoni Designo stuff is crazy nice)

I can't decide if this one is done but I realize I haven't signed and dated. 



My slightly expanded kit....as in I am using my real brushes instead of my water pen. I also took a box of assorted 8.5x11 papers to experiment with. 



Same view but a very very different take. I have better pictures but this was the light during the some of the paintings. Really fun. Complete wet in wet painting technique giving up tons of control. This is on 300 pound arches paper which is unfortunately on the back of another painting. This was an accident and I am so lucky I didn't ruin it!

And finally an attempt at the wonderful steeple. I enjoyed this painting and would like to do larger versions. 

Super fun....more to come!

James Nutt


No comments:

Post a Comment