Friday, June 28, 2013

Napkin Sketch

Originally this was for a competition. I started it with Leo at a restaurant while looking at the same ship in a Lego magazine.  I laid down the red first and the watercolor at Hazel's NE.  I added the pen tonight. Then I read the competition instructions....ready,fire, aim. First it must be 5x5 square, then just ballpoint or ink, and the deal killer for me is you have to send the original in. They get 1,500 entries.  I feel like I would be giving it away. It does get published in a huge trade magazine and the other prize is a printed stack of your napkins.  I think I will find another use.  I love it too much to give it away to live in some box.....or maybe I will send in a print...

Anyway... Here is the final and some process.  I had a blast making this. Imagine another universe where x wings and other rebel force fighters are displayed like our WW2fighters....






No comments:

Post a Comment